Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tzaziki

This recipe I have had for a while, that I hadn't actually made since studying in Culinary (2002)

This is a very tasty garlic cucumber dip made with yogurt, and simply to die for.  Although, I will admit, I did have to talk to a friend who is Greek, to go over it with me before I made it again the other night.  Other than one tiny thing, it was pretty much what I remember.

Enjoy!

Ingrediants:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons white vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 pinch salt
  • Dill or Parsley to taste (optional)



Directions:

1. Hang the yogurt over a bowl or sink, using cheese cloth, and let sit for 1 hour. (This drains some of the water out of the yogurt, that now makes it more creamy, and more flavourful.  This is also known as Yogurt Cheese)
2. Grate the cucumber, and cover with the salt, and let salt pull the water out of the cucumber.  Drain well/squeeze well.
3. add the oli e oil, white vinegar, garlic and more salt if desired and mix well.
4. let stand in refrigerator for 4-6 hours before use, so that flavours mix well and incorporate through out the tzaziki sauce.  


Great to use with Souvlaki, roasted lamb, or even using it as a dip for veggies or pita chips



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment